What is AFCAT 2021 exam?
It is conducted by the Indian Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT). With the selection of Class-I gazetted officers in this flying and ground duty (technical and non-technical), its examination will be conducted twice in February and August / September respectively.
It is an entry gateway for both AFCAT male and female candidates who wish to join the Indian Air Force for both Short Service Commission and Permanent Commission / Short Service Commission in Flying Branch.
All the candidates are selected on the basis of their performance in the online examination and Air Force Selection Board (AFSB) interview. Interested candidates for these ground duty (technical) branches are required to appear in both AFCAT and Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT).
AFCAT 2021 Highlights
Here are the highlights of the AFCAT 2021 exam:
|Exam Name||AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test)|
|Conducting Body||Indian Air Force (IAF)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Exam Frequency||Twice a year|
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Application Fees||250 INR as the entry fees|
|Contact details||020-25503105 or 020-25503106|
|Official email ID||afcat.cdac.in|
AFCAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Those candidates who are willing to take AFCAT II 2021 are required to be citizens of India. Its short eligibility criteria for various branches/courses are given in detail below for your reference.
It varies according to the branch. This is a brief description of the age limit and relaxation as follows:
- This flying branch (AFCAT & NCC entry): 20 – 24 years should be till 1 January 2021.
- This ground duty (technical and non-technical): 20 – 26 January to 1 January 2021.
- Let me tell you, the DOB accepted by the IAF is recorded in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognized by the Indian University.
- The Candidates are required to be unmarried at the time of commencement of this course.
- These widows/widows and those under 25 years of age should also not be eligible for divorce.
- It is very important to graduate from a recognized university with a minimum of 3 years’ degree in any discipline with a minimum of 60% marks.
- For this flying branch, Maths and Physics must have a minimum of 60% marks at every 10 + 2 level.
AFCAT 2021 Exam Details:
|Exam Name||AFCAT Commissioned Officer (Flying and Ground Duty) (AFCAT- 01/2021)|
|Conducting Authority||Indian Air Force|
|Exam frequency||Twice a year|
|No. of Posts||235|
|Mode of examination||online|
|Exam purpose||To select Group A Gazetted Officers in Flying and Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical) branches|
|Contact details||020-25503105 or 020-25503106|
|Job Location||Across India|
AFCAT – I & AFCAT – II Exam Date 2021:
|Events||AFCAT-I Exam Date||AFCAT-II Exam Date|
|AFCAT Exams Notification||1st December 2020||June 2020-21|
|Online Applications form date started||1st December 2020||June 2020-21|
|Applications Form Last date for receiving||30th December 2020||July 2020-21|
|Admit Card Availables||5th February 2021||–|
|AFCAT Exam Date||20th & 21st February 2021||September 2020-21|
|AFCAT Exams Result||March 2021||September 2020-21|
AFCAT 2021 Exam Pattern
- It has a total of 100 MCQs, which are asked in four categories as Numerical Ability, General Awareness and Reasoning, Verbal Ability, and Military Aptitude.
- All the candidates are given three marks for each correct answer.
- This is a negative marking of one digit for each wrong attempt.
|Particulars||AFCAT||EKT (only for technical)|
|Exam Time||2 Hours||45 minutes|
|Total Marks||300 marks||150|
|Number of Sections||
AFCAT 2021 Examination Center
- For this season, 104 locations for AFCAT 2021 are included.
- It is mandatory for all the candidates to select the centers at the time of APSC JE
registration according to their preferences.
- Note that no change is requested by the authorities by the Center
AFCAT 2021: Application Form
This application form for AFCAT is available twice a year. This AFCAT I application form was released on 1 December 2020, and the examination was held in February.
This AFCAT II application form may be released by June, and the exam is scheduled to be held in October. All interested candidates who are preparing, should register through the official website of the Indian Air Force.
The candidates applying for this have to prepare themselves for their academics along with physical and mental fitness.
How To Fill AFCAT-I 2021 Application Form:
Step 1-Go to the official website of AFCAT www.afcat.cdac.in.
Step 2-Now, click on the notification and take a look carefully.
Step 3-Then, click on the notification and fill the application form properly.
Step 4-Now, all the candidates have to register themselves by filling in details like email-id, mobile number.
Step 5-Then, the registration form has to be submitted.
Step 6-Now, a new registration ID and password are also sent to the candidate through mail and text message on mobile.
Step 7-Then, you can log in using the new registration ID and password.
Step 8-Now, also fill in further details asked in the application form.
Step 9-Then, you also upload scanned documents such as signatures and passport size pictures.
Step 10-Now, the application fee will also have to be paid.
Step 11-Then, submit your application form.
Step12-In the last, you print out the application form.
AFCAT 2021 Vacancies
It is accompanied by notification by the AFCAT vacancies declaration examination authority. A total of 235 vacancies are filled through this AFCAT (1) 2021 exam. It gets below branch-wise break-up of AFCAT 1 Vacancies 2021
|Flying Branch||SSC – 69|
|Ground Duty (Technical)||AE(L):PC – 27, SSC – 40
AE(M):PC-12, SSC – 17
|Ground Duty (Non -Technical)||Admin : PC- 12, SSC – 21
Accts : PC- 06, SSC – 12
Lgs : PC 09, SSC – 16
AFCAT Syllabus 2021:
It is very important for all the applying candidates to be fully aware of the syllabus of the exam. The syllabus for this AFCAT can be seen below.
This general awareness – current affairs, history, sports, culture, art, environment, geography, basic science, politics, civics, etc.
This numerical ability – number series, average, ratio, simplification, profit, and loss, decimal fraction, simple interest, percentage, etc.
Is Reasoning and Military Aptitude – Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability.
Verbal Ability in English – English Comprehension, Vocabulary, Error Finding, Jumbled Sentence, Synonyms, Antonyms, Fill in the blanks, Rearrangement of sentences, etc.
Syllabus for EKT:
|Syllabus (AFCAT EKT)||Topics|
|Fundamental Engineering Syllabus||Engineering Physics, Engineering Mathematics, and Engineering Drawing|
|Allied Engineering Topics Syllabus||Control Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication Systems, Radar Theory, Antenna, Instrumentation, and Wave Propagation, and Microwave Engineering, etc|
|Computer Science Engineering Syllabus||Information Technology, Analog, and Digital Electronics, Network Theory Design, Computer Networks, Switching Theory, and Electronic Devices|
|Mechanical Engineering Syllabus||Thermodynamics, Engineering Mechanics, Materials Science, Fluid Mechanics / Hydraulic Machines, Thermodynamics, Manufacturing Science, and Machine Drawing|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering Syllabus||Microwave Engineering, Analog, and Digital Electronics, Telecommunication Systems, Electronic Devices, Microwave Engineering, Control Engineering, and Electrical Engineering|
AFCAT 2021 Best Books
To start preparing in this, all the candidates can also follow the NCERT books of class 9, and 10 to clear the basic concept. Now many study materials have become available in the market which are used as reference books for AFCAT. Here are some AFCAT preparation books for all the candidates:
|AFCAT – for Flying Technical & Ground Branch||Arihant Experts|
|AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test) – For Flying, Technical & Ground Duty Branch Fourth Edition||Arihant Experts|
|AFCAT Topic-wise Solved paper||Disha Experts|
|Let’s Crack AFCAT||SSB Crack|
|Let’s Crack EKT||SSB Crack|
Admit Card 2021
Admit card becomes available on the official website 7-10 days before this exam. Not all admit cards are sent via post. All the candidates should read the guidelines thoroughly before downloading the admit card. In this, the admit card can be downloaded using the application number and password/date of birth.
It is very necessary to take a hard copy of its to admit card to the examination hall with some ID proof. In this, a candidate without admit card is not allowed to appear in the examination. Preserve the admit card for future reference of all the candidates.
How To Download AFCAT-I Admit Card 2021
- First, go to the official website of the Indian Air Force, afcat.cdac.in.
- Then, on the homepage, click on Candidate login.
- Now, you enter your email id and password and click on login option.
- Then, you can download the Air Force Common Admission Admit Card 2021.
- In the last, take a printout and keep it safe for entrance into the exam.
Before applying for this form, all the candidates need to know the exam pattern. All the candidates are required to take the entrance test first, after which if the candidate needs to successfully pass for the examination, then they are called for an SSB interview.
- The candidates who score above its cut-off are shortlisted.
- Stage 1: All the candidates then faced the screening test in Stage 1 and the screening test consists of Officer Intelligence Rating Test and Picture Perception and Discussion Test.
- Qualification Phase 1 is invited for Phase 2 Interactive ability with the Interviewing Officer in Stage 2 is a psychological test, group test to check personal interactions.
- This entire process takes place with 5 days.
- Now, the candidates will be qualified and are required to undergo a medical examination.
At the end of this process, the merit list is also prepared
AFCAT Exam Day Guidelines 2021
Items to permitted inside the examination center
The following items are permitted inside the examination center.
- Admit Card
- Candidate’s Aadhaar Card
- PAN card / passport / driving license / voter identity card / college identity card
- Two passport-size color photographs
- Ballpoint Pen (Blue or Black)
Items not permitted inside the exam center
The Candidates are not allowed to carry the following items.
- Textual material
- Slide rulers, log tables, electronic watches
- Mobile phones
- Blue tooth, pager
AFCAT 2021 Salary & Allowances
During this training period, both men and women receive a stipend of Rs 56,100 per month. After this successful training period, an IAF officer receives a salary of INR. This 56,100 – INR. It is followed by the 7th Pay Commission with 1,10,700.
|Flying Branch Salary||Rs. 85,372/-|
|Ground Duty (Tech) Branch Salary||Rs. 74,872/-|
|Ground Duty (Non-tech) Branch Salary||Rs. 71,872/-|
With this salary, IAF officers are entitled to various allowances. In this, allowances are based on the area of posting and the nature of roles and responsibilities. AFCAT can also check salary and allowances.
This test pilot and flight test engineer, Special Force, Field Area Allowance, Siachen, Island Special Duty, Special Compensatory, Area and Remote Localities Allowance have been held.
AFCAT 2021 cut off & exam dates
|AFCAT 2021 Cutoff Events||AFCAT 2021 Cutoff Dates|
|AFCAT 1 exam||20-Feb-2021
|Release of cut off marks||09-Mar-2021|
|AFCAT 2 exam||September/October 2021|
|Release of cut off marks||November 2021|
How to check AFCAT Cut off 2021?
The Candidates can follow the steps below to check the cut off marks:
- Visit the official website
- Go to the ‘Candidate login cycle’ tab
- Enter the login credentials
- The scorecard along with the cutoff marks are displayed on the screen
AFCAT (1) Cut Off 2021
|AFCAT Cut off||165|
|EKT Cut off||30|
Factors determining AFCAT cut off
The cut-off of AFCAT is calculated based on the following factors.
Number of vacancies
Number of test-takers
Previous years’ AFCAT Cut off
Take a look below at AFCAT cut-offs from 2014 to 2020.
|AFCAT||AFCAT Cut Off||EKT Cut Off|
|AFCAT (2) 2020||155||40|
|AFCAT (1) 2019||133||50|
|AFCAT (2) 2018||140||55|
|AFCAT (1) 2018||155||60|
|AFCAT (2) 2017||160||60|
|AFCAT (1) 2017||150||60|
|AFCAT (2) 2016||148||60|
|AFCAT (1) 2016||132||52|
|AFCAT (2) 2015||144||52|
|AFCAT (1) 2015||126||55|
|AFCAT (2) 2014||123||45|